Mader, Bob on Mon, 24 Apr 2000 15:05:31 -0400 (EDT)

RE: [PLUG] Speakeasy.net

Hi,

I've been using speakeasy.net DSL in South Philly since January. The
installation went fairly smoothly (except for Bell Atlantic getting the loop
done on time... and that was because of the big snow storm). Speakeasy did a
very good job of coordinating the install with Covad and keeping me posted
every step along the way. Reliability of the link has been very good... at
least 99.9%, I would guess. The e-mail service is nicely implemented... you
can access via POP, IMAP4, a nice SSL web interface, and pine from the shell
account. Haven't done much with Usenet, so can't comment on that.

I will say that I have found the folks answering the phones at Speakeasy to
be smarter about tech issues than your average big ISP "customer service"
types. Over all, they are a good company...

Good luck...

-Bob

> From: "Mike Cathcart" <mike_cathcart@hotmail.com>
> To: plug@lists.nothinbut.net
> Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2000 17:51:39 EDT
> Subject: [PLUG] Speakeasy.net
>
> I'm going to be looking for a DSL provider when I move (in this area,
> probably Mongomery or Delaware county) and I'm wondering if anyone has
tried
> speakeasy.net. I kind of like the fact that you can have 9 extra static
IPs