Michael Leone on Tue, 25 Apr 2000 15:23:01 -0400 (EDT)

[PLUG] Install RH 6.1 on a 17G drive

I'm having a bit of trouble installing RH 6.1 on a 17G drive. I know that Linux still has some problems with the / partition being within the 8G boundary. When I install using just 1 partition (/), sized to 8G, everything installs fine. Except that I have half a disk not used.

So I tried making a 10M /boot partition (as the first partition on the disk); 7G / partition; (to keep both /boot and / within the first 8G) and the rest as /usr. No go - looked like it was trying to format it all, but never finished.

Thoughts anyone?