Aarune J. Oracle on Tue, 25 Apr 2000 15:28:32 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [PLUG] Install RH 6.1 on a 17G drive

On Tue, 25 Apr 2000, Michael Leone wrote:

:I'm having a bit of trouble installing RH 6.1 on a 17G drive. I know that Linux still has some problems with the / partition being within the 8G boundary. When I install using just 1 partition (/), sized to 8G, everything installs fine. Except that I have half a disk not used.
:
:So I tried making a 10M /boot partition (as the first partition on the disk); 7G / partition; (to keep both /boot and / within the first 8G) and the rest as /usr. No go - looked like it was trying to format it all, but never finished.
:
:Thoughts anyone?

How long did you wait for it to format?  I would think a 17gig drive would
take a large amount of time.

--
-Rune

Operating-system software is the program that orchestrates all the basic
functions of a computer.

		-- The Wall Street Journal, Tuesday, September 15, 1987, page 40

Windows 2000 can be called a parasite because it keeps growing, consuming its host's resources and spreading across networks