Thomas E. Keiser on Wed, 26 Apr 2000 00:47:37 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [PLUG] Inexpensive PCI OpenGL video adapter?

PCI cards are somewhat scarce these days, and no one I know of is developing
any new ones. I suggest a Matrox G200 (which comes either PCI or AGP), which
you might find online (most places are perpetually out of stock) or directly
from Matrox.com itself for about $100. You can check out the card's specs
there to see if they will do the job for you.

Regards,

Tom

Bill Jonas wrote:

> I just got Q3A for Linux (the Loki port) for my birthday, and I realized
> from looking at the box specs that I won't be able to play it with my
> current video "card" (quoted because it's mobo-integrated).
>
> Any suggestions for an inexpensive PCI OpenGL card?  (The mobo graphics
> are AGP, but I don't have an actual AGP slot (at least, I don't *think*
> so).)  Preferable ones for which the driver/X-server source is available
> (actually, *much* preferable).
>
> I'll have to spend money here, but the Big Win is that performance in X
> should improve dramatically, as I'll be able to use a
> hardware-accellerated X server.  (I'll have to get an external modem as
> well, due to a limited number of slots (I hate this machine and can't
> wait to get another).)
>
> Anyway, TIA.
>
> Bill
> --
> (Clever, funny, and/or witty comment goes here.)
> Harry Browne for President:      http://www.harrybrowne2000.org/
> Visit me at                      http://www.netaxs.com/~bj/

A bus station is where a bus stops.
A train station is where a train stops.