Kyle Burton on Thu, 27 Apr 2000 17:00:48 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [PLUG] Apache w/RedHat 6.2 Access problem

Make sure that the user your webserver is running as (probably the user
nobody) has read and execute access to all of the directories up to and
including the document root (/home/httpd/html in this case).

chmod 755 /home
chmod 755 /home/httpd
chmod -R 755 /home/httpd/html

will usualy do the trick.  If you still get forbidden, check for .htaccess
files within your document root (which may have access limitations in
them) -- of course they only take effect if you have allow override
specified for your document root in the main httpd.conf.  If it doesn't
work, try posting your httpd.conf so we can have a look at it.

"Generally speaking, the Way of the warrior is resolute acceptance of death."
    -- Miyamoto Musashi, 1645