Kyle Burton on Thu, 27 Apr 2000 17:04:06 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [PLUG] Apache w/RedHat 6.2 Access problem

> Make sure that the user your webserver is running as (probably the user
> nobody) has read and execute access to all of the directories up to and
> including the document root (/home/httpd/html in this case).
>
> chmod 755 /home
> chmod 755 /home/httpd
> chmod -R 755 /home/httpd/html

Oops!  That last chmod won't do what you want.  Try something like:

chmod 755 /home/httpd/html
find /home/httpd/html -type d -exec chmod 755 {} \;

instead.  ymmv

<blush>
oops, that would be bad
</blush>