Bill Jonas on Fri, 28 Apr 2000 18:56:57 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [PLUG] Linux-friendly ISP for DSL in Philly?

On Fri, 28 Apr 2000, Michael Leone wrote:

>Anybody got a recommendation for a Linux-knowledable ISP offering DSL service (640K or better downstream), in the Philly area?

I'll put in a plug (pardon the pun) for my employer, Netaxs.  We sell
Bell (which we encourage people to stay away from--we'll sell it to
ya if ya *reeeeeeally* want it <g>) and Covad.

http://www.dslreports.com/reviews/1175
http://www/netaxs/services.html#accountDRC

Someone else mentioned Telocity(.com).  I didn't see anything on their
pages about Linux, but they have no problem with you running (personal)
servers or NAT.  You get 1 static IP but cannot purchase anymore.  (It
seems like I've seen something on their pages before about Linux, but I
couldn't find it just now.)  My fiancee's mother got it, and Sandi (the
soon(for varying values of 'soon')-to-be-missus) set the stuff up
without any real problems.  They do only ADSL at 640/128.

HTH,
Bill
--
(Clever, funny, and/or witty comment goes here.)
Harry Browne for President:      http://www.harrybrowne2000.org/