Jeff Abrahamson on Wed, 10 May 2000 11:34:36 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [PLUG] inconveniently broke a sun box

On Wed, May 10, 2000 at 11:05:25AM -0400, darxus@chaosreigns.com wrote:

> Basically, I need to edit /etc/passwd, and I can't get to it.

How good is security on the box? For example, as what uid to cgi's
run?

What about booting into single user mode? There have been versions of
Sun's OSes where you could do that with root passwd. (But I think that
may have been closed.)

You certainly be able to remove the hd and put it in another machine
of similar OS (but not as boot disk), then mount it as root.

--
 Jeff Abrahamson
 610/270-4845