darxus on Fri, 12 May 2000 23:17:46 -0400 (EDT)

meeting place for next month (6/7/00 / computer crime)

As most of you know, the space we used to meet in at IQ is now occupied by
a number of desks, and we have relocated to a smaller conference room on
the 12th floor.

Those of you who have been at the last 2 meetings may have noticed it
getting a little cramped.  I counted 36 people at the april meeting, but I
figured that was Emmett's fault for talking about Slashdot.  But then at
the last meeting, it happened again, 39 people came to talk about the data
display debugger.

I did not expect the number of people we had either time, and next meeting
at IQ, I will put as many chairs as I can fit in the room before the
meeting starts.

This next meeting, given how interested I, and the people I've talked to
are about the subject of computer crime, and how very qualified our
speaker is, I expect it might be extreemly well attended.

This past wednesday, when Mike Toren was helping me unbreak a pizza box, I
had the opportunity to see the space that Avi Freedman offered to let us
use some time ago at Netaxs in Conshahocken.

It's a small auditorium (compaired to say, north penn highschool's).  I
counted 76 seats.  I think somebody said something about a projector, but
if they don't have one, I should be able to bring the one we've used at
IQ.  And I'm told we have access to Earthstation/Netaxs's bandwidth via
ethernet.

Mike, could you find out how far ahead of time we'd have to reserve that
room ?  Would you like to go ahead and reserve it just in case ?  I'm
guessing there isn't exactly a lot of demand for it wednesday nights
starting at 7pm.

Jon, you could make the decision real easy by saying "I can't get to
Netaxs, we'll have to meet at IQ".

Netaxs is relatively close to exit #29, conchahockin, of route 76.  Looks
like my archives don't go back to the original discussion of this
possibility, and I can't find Mike's copy.  The Septa R6 Norristown line
has a stop in Conshohocken, and I'm told it's within reasonable walking
distance (how far?).  Looks like there's a train every half hour before
the meeting, and every hour afterward.  Hopefully nobody will mind me
pointing out the publicly available (and correct) address of this site so
that people can get a fair idea of what driving to it would be like from
mapquest.com:

555 North Lane
Conshohocken, PA 19428

So I ask you all, would you like to have the next meeting at IQ, or
Earthstation/Netaxs ?  (other suggestions welcome)

www.ChaosReigns.com