Beldon on Sat, 13 May 2000 10:33:01 -0400 (EDT)

[PLUG] DSL providers

> Message: 8
> From: darxus@chaosreigns.com
> Date: Fri, 12 May 2000 14:50:49 -0400 (EDT)
> To: plug@lists.nothinbut.net
> Subject: [PLUG] DSL providers
>
> A friend is looking for a DSL provider that will be okay with him running
> apache & majordomo.  There was a guy at the last PLUG meeting that was
> talking about a provider that was officially providing him with some
> amount of bandwidth, but providing a good bit more, and had a "we plug you
> into the internet, you do what you want with the connection" type
> policy.  Are you here ?

I'm here.

The company is SCA Internet http://www.scainternet.net.  The bad news is that the network provider (as opposed to SCA who are
the *service* provider) doesn't have service locations near me, so I had to go with an 'official' ADSL connection.  Not too bad
since my DL speed will actually be faster by a factor of about 50%.  I live in Camden Co. NJ, so your mileage may vary here.
nonetheless, they seem like good filks and are, as I mentioned, Linux-friendly.  And they don't care what you do with your
connection (I suppose as long as it's legal and not overtly commercial).

Their number is 877-SCA-INET.  They're just about a year old so take that for what it's worth.  However, I got pretty good
vibes off the guy (ask for Joe Pierce, X117) and I thought this was a good opportunity to help out a Linux-friendly ISP who are
just starting up.

Hope this helps.