Daniel W. Ottey on Sun, 14 May 2000 10:46:01 -0400 (EDT)

RE: [PLUG] Keyboard/monitor/mouse switchbox?

I'm not sure if someone else may have mentioned this brand, but I really
like them.  Its a 4 port switch which does keyboard, monitor, and mouse -
though I'm not sure if they do serial or ps/2, etc.  We use these in our
large NT lab at work.  The name on the unit says "Outlook."  The thing I
like the best about these boxes is that they are controlled by a key on
your keyboard (in our case, the Print Screen key).  The monitor will have
a small section on it where you can name each machine.  The name of the
currently displayed system will be overlayed in a small font on top of the
display (these names can be configured, and the position of the name on
the screen can be configured, and I assume turned off if desired).  When
you hit the print screen key, a menu pops up with the 4 machines names,
and you can use the mouse or keyboard to select the machine you want.  I
really like this type of unit versus the turn-dial switch I have at home,
since I don't have to remove my hands from the keyboard/mouse to switch
the unit.  Its a lot easier to use.  (And I'm sure they're probably very
expensive).

- There ya go

Daniel W. Ottey
Pre-Junior Information Systems Student