Bill Jonas on Thu, 25 May 2000 15:21:31 -0400 (EDT)

RE: [PLUG] "Distro" advocates

On Thu, 25 May 2000, Vettese, Nick A wrote:

>We wnt through this a couple of months ago, and it became VERY heated.  I do
>not think that we want to start that up again.  If I remember correctly, one
>of the people involved in that discussion even left the group.  Does anyone
>else remember that?

Actually, if it's what I'm thinking of, I know those two guys.  One of
them told me (and I assume that the other guy had similar reasons) that
the reason he unsubscribed was that, besides meetings, the group never
did anything (installfests, handing out CDs, etc).  And then when there
was a flamefest (I confess some responsibility), and the resulting
volume of mail, he found it easier to unsubscribe.

Bill
--
>Ever heard of .cshrc?             | "Linux means never having to delete
That's a city in Bosnia. Right?    |  your love mail." -- Don Marti
(Discussion in comp.os.linux.misc  |  http://www.netaxs.com/~bj/
on the intuitiveness of commands.) |  http://www.harrybrowne.org/