rscudder on Thu, 25 May 2000 15:56:07 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [PLUG] Sharing distros

The only way to be completely sure is to go through each and every app and
component and verify that you are allowed to redistribute it on a CD.  I
know it's a PITA, but how else are you going to be 100% sure?  Your only
other option is to cross your fingers and hope you haven't broken the law.

Roger Scudder
Mail to: rscudder@annance.com

Huh.

OK, how can I find out what software *is* propreitary? I just kind of
assumed that anything on the distributed CD (which - again - I assumed was
the same as the ISO images available at the ftp sites) was fair game. Which
was how CheapBytes could sell every distro for $1.99 (that has to be CD
re-imbursement cost; no way would that cover charges for proprietary
software). Anybody know for sure otherwise?

I've got DSL (supposedly) being installed 1st week of June. I could
download
some ISO images after then, I suppose.