beldon on Thu, 25 May 2000 16:05:38 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [PLUG] Sharing distros

> Q: It's legal to make copies of any of the Linux distros, and either give'em
> away, or sell'em, correct?
>
> Because I've got a CD burner, and don't mind making a few copies of RedHat
> (I have v6, and 5.2). Also the Mandrake, Storm Linux  and old Slackwares (v
> 4 & 3.5) CDs I mentioned earlier. Maybe we can set something up at the
> meetings - pick up an OS for $1, which would go either to the person burning
> the CD as re-imbursement (blank CDs are only about a buck apiece at the
> computer shows), or given to the IQ folks, for providing the food and rooms.
>
> We could have, like, a shoebox full of distros. Wanna investigate a
> different distro? Cost ya a buck. :-)

Actually, LinuxMall has a deal for LUGs where they'll send you an assortment of
100 various distro CDs for $100.00 (albeit plus shipping).

I don't want to put down your idea, mind you.  I just want to make the point
that there are already many avenues to get different distros for very little
money.  Cheapbytes.com, for instance, will send you up to 18 CDs for the cost
of shipping
($5.00).