Andrew Shinn on Sat, 27 May 2000 10:17:15 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [PLUG] Stupid Newbie Question

Thanks for the help, Roger and Darxus!!!

On Fri, 26 May 2000 rscudder@annance.com wrote:

> You are showing that you tried to mount as a non-root user by the $ prompt.
> By default you can not mount a floppy that way.  You will need to be
> root.

Oops, my fault.  I WAS root when I tried to mount the device, but I typed
a "$" prompt in my email.  Anyway I edited my /etc/fstab and I am now
told:

mount: /dev/fd0 is not a valid block device

Hmmm... does this mean that there could be something physically wrong with
the floppy drive, or the connection to the motherboard?

Well, I'll do some more tinkering...

Thanks again!

--Drew