Adam Turoff on Tue, 6 Jun 2000 13:13:25 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [PLUG] Zope

On Fri, Jun 02, 2000 at 02:48:16PM -0700, Jack Wilkinson wrote:
> has anyone out there tried this Zope web backend setup?  http://www.zope.org

Chris McDonough did, and then he left plug to join digital creations.  :-)

> someone I know asked me about it and I don't know how it tests in the real
> world to give them a good answer.  anything especially good or bad as
> opposed to something like PHP?

PHP and Zope are totally different topics.  PHP is a programming
[language/environment] for writing dynamic content.  PHP stuff scales
up to full apps.

Zope is an application server (whatever that is supposed to mean these
days) and is intended for developing an entire dynamic site more easily
than with PHP, Perl CGI scripts, etc.

There's a PHP application server project called "Midgard" that I've
heard mentioned, but I don't know anything about it whatsoever.

Z.