Sean R. Cummins on Thu, 8 Jun 2000 12:07:17 -0400 (EDT)

RE: [PLUG] remove an interface without rebooting?

Jeff,

They're unattached ppp interfaces that are screwing up incoming ppp
sessions.  I kill -9'ed a few ppp processes rather than gracefully shutting
them down, and it left these zombie ppp interfaces hanging around, and
downing them wouldn't fix the problem.  I was also just curious as to
whether or not Linux had the ability to delete an interface.

- Sean