darxus on Fri, 9 Jun 2000 19:59:54 -0400 (EDT)

RE: [PLUG] Cache Size

On Mon, 5 Jun 2000, Martin DiViaio wrote:

> No, as a matter of fact it's not what I am seeing. According to /proc/meminfo
> there is 15-20MB of RAM it's calling Cached Memory. It never goes down from

I've come across this issue myself.  I put together an old 486 to play w/
networking, firewall, etc, and so far have only found 8mb for it.  It has
little more than the base debian install on it, and it'll pretty much
staty that way, but using 2.5mb of ram on a machine that's practically
choking is goofy.

So did you find a solution ?