darxus on Sat, 10 Jun 2000 11:16:49 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [PLUG] cygwin (win32/free) X servers / Debian GNU/Win32 ?

On Fri, 9 Jun 2000, Flint Heart wrote:

> I like did the install quite easily of the cygnus X server.

How ?  Did you have an old install w/out those messed up mount points &
conflicting cygwin1.dll ?

> but neither the cygnus servers. directx or the other one work
> well.  limited to 256 colors.  didn't take very kindly to connecting to my
> debian box either.  if your running it localy it might be ok (and if your
> using 256 colors.  but it needs allot of work.  I'd like a free X server
> for Win but i'd rather just run it when i can.  Just some observations by
> me.  I'm not sure if you gave the sever a good try or not.

I wasn't overly impressed w/ the directx X server, and no, I didn't get to
test it extensively.  Have you tried the XFree86 port yet ?