Kevin Falcone on Mon, 12 Jun 2000 16:01:56 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [PLUG] Help deciphering an SMTP failure message

  JBW> Maybe the receiving account was close their limit and it
  JBW> refused the last mail.

Nah, that would have had a status 4.2.2, which is "Mailbox Full", this
had a status of 5.0.0

  JBW> It sure looks like a problem on the receiving end and not yours

Yes, the status of 5.0.0 and a 554 error basically means that
something bad happened on their end, possibly a lack of spool room,
but I think that has its own error code.

-kevin

--
Kevin Falcone <kevinfal@seas.upenn.edu>

550 huge.tracts.of.land ESMTP Service Unavailable--The people responsible
have been sacked