aab on Wed, 14 Jun 2000 09:27:04 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [PLUG] .plan files

You're assuming that the port isn't being filtered out on a router
somewhere ... I'm not familiar with @Home's security practices.

Also, your home directory will probably need world executable for the
.plan file to be available to everyone ... and last, but not least, I
would have to say I don't use a .plan file ... they're archaic.  :^)

I found something in a security session rather amusing - when you set
your sendmail config so that is doesn't allow VRFY or EXPN, the user
who sees the error response is instructed to 'maybe try finger.'  As
finger is more likely to be turned off than the VRFY/EXPN, I had to
chuckle quietly.  :^)

andrew.