Michael W. Ryan on Sun, 18 Jun 2000 15:37:17 -0400 (EDT)

[PLUG] 3com NICs

Anyone have experience getting two 3com 905BTX-NM NICs working?  ifconfig
insists on reporting both of the cards at IRQ 11 (my BIOS reports one at
11 and one at 9).  The "irq" option does not appear to be a valid option
when I try to specify it in /etc/conf.modules.

I'm not sure if my eth1 card is functioning or not.  It comes up (if I try
to do any IRQ configuring on it it tends to hang the system), and its
address responds to pings, but no traffic goes through it.

Here's the configuration (I'm changing the network addresses to a class-C
private):

Interface	Address		Mask
eth0		192.168.1.2	255.255.255.128
eth1		192.168.1.129	255.255.255.128

eth0 is defined as the gateway interface with a gateway of 192.168.1.19
(yes, I know it's non-standard, but it's the address of the router).

All traffic in and out of eth0 works fine.  I can ping eth1 from the local
system, but a system on eth1's subnet cannot ping the address.  IPV4
forwarding is turned on.

The system is Mandrake 7.0 (2.2.14 kernel).

Michael W. Ryan, MCP, MCT     | OTAKON 2000
mryan@netaxs.com              | Convention of Otaku Generation
http://www.netaxs.com/~mryan/ | http://www.otakon.com/

No, I don't hear voices in my head;
I'm the one that tells the voices in your head what to say.