Vettese, Nick A on Tue, 20 Jun 2000 13:00:46 -0400 (EDT)

RE: Fwd: [PLUG] newbie needs help (Mail from Conseco)

You can email me at nicholasvettese@hotmail.com if you need any assistance.
Nick

-----Original Message-----
From: Joseph Welsh [mailto:JWelsh@ConsecoDirect.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 20, 2000 7:29 AM
To: plug@lists.nothinbut.net; lgoodman@phillymag.com
Subject: Re: Fwd: [PLUG] newbie needs help (Mail from Conseco)

> Subject: [PLUG] newbie needs help
> Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 22:40:22 -0400
> From: Lawrence Goodman <plug@lists.nothinbut.net>
> To: plug@lists.nothinbut.net, lgoodman@phillymag.com
>
> i am a linux newbie living in philadelphia. i hope this email doesnt
offend anyone. basically i am looking for someone who via email might be
willing to answer some questions of mine as i go about the process of
installing linux on my home computer. i have already had one bad experience
with this and would be grateful if someone might be willing to serve as an
advisor. i dont plan to be too mcuh of a pest but if i become so you can
tell me to bug off.

> thanks,
> lawrence goodman

Hi Lawerence,

Asking for help is never offensive :-)

I was in your position last year so I know how you feel.  I would have no
problem giving you some help with installation of Linux.  I dual boot my
notebook with Mandrake 7.1 and WIndows 2000 (only for DVD and my company
VPN).  I have a home network with Mandrake 7.0 as my router which does ip
masquerading and DHCP.  My current project is to add DNS Caching to the
Linux box at home

I am by no means an expert but I am more than willing to help.

See my e-mail address signature at the bottom

Joseph Welsh
JWELSH@ConsecoDirect.com
JWELSH99@Voicenet.com