DrexelDG on Tue, 20 Jun 2000 16:45:04 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [PLUG] Video Adapter Imcompatibility

umm guys.....

I think this person is a newbie.

So he needs a toned down version of what you just gave him.
:)

Friend...

Get a newer supported distro.  NOt to start a distro war... but Redhat has 30
days of phone installation support.  They could handle all of those questions
you have and more over the phone.

It makes it a little easyer.. at least it did on me when I started.  Steer
clear of writing your own driver for the card... that will only confuse you.
If you need more help, feel free to contact me off list.

Use the email addy, Thanous@bellatlantic.net instead of this one  :)

Also here is a supported hardwear list from Linux Mandrake...

http://www.linux-mandrake.com/en/fhard.php3

That will give you something concreate to look at... and if you dont know
where to find a video card...

Try www.pricewatch.com

And put one of those cards listed in the hardware comp list in the search.

The lower end ones should not be more then 15$, at least they were not for me.

Good luck!!

Anthony