Michael W. Ryan on Tue, 20 Jun 2000 17:12:43 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [PLUG] Video Adapter Imcompatibility

On Tue, 20 Jun 2000, Bill Jonas wrote:

> A fourth option is to get Slack.  It can set you up with a minimum of
> fuss to use the framebuffer device, which is just an abstracted video
> display that the main CPU drives.  Be forewarned that you'll take a
> significant performance hit (and it'll be tortuous to use Netscape,
> unless you have a very fast CPU).  Also take under advisement that
> Slackware doesn't have a reputation as the most newbie-friendly
> distribution.  :)  You can get Slackware 7.0 at Micro Center (St Davids,
> ~1 mile west of I486 exit 5), either in a nice box with a manual for
> ~$30, or in a double jewel-case with a liner-notes-type booklet for
> ~$15.

Mandrake 7.0 and 7.1 have framebuffer support, also.

Michael W. Ryan, MCP, MCT     | OTAKON 2000
mryan@netaxs.com              | Convention of Otaku Generation
http://www.netaxs.com/~mryan/ | http://www.otakon.com/

No, I don't hear voices in my head;
I'm the one that tells the voices in your head what to say.