darxus on Wed, 21 Jun 2000 09:22:56 -0400 (EDT)

[PLUG] Re: need linux help

On Tue, 20 Jun 2000, Kim Dang wrote:

> Hi,
> I saw your name on http://plug.nothinbut.net/members.html as the current
> admin. for the Philly Linux users group.
>
> I recently posted to upenn.linux to get help on installing Red Hat Linux on
> a P100 box. People suggested this group might have an installation group or
> some such thing. I have attempted to do this myself, but I am a little lost.
>
> I am pretty literate about PC's in general  (Win NT, all the MS stuff) as I
> used to be a tech in Calif., but Linux is where I want to go.
>
> Hope you can help.

We have been talking about doing an installfest.  I believe Nicolai Rosen
<nick@netaxs.com> was attempting to organize that.

It'd be better to subscribe to the plug mailing list & post this stuff
there -- there's 270-some people there.

At this point it'd probably be best to post all of your problems to the
list.  I don't know when an installfest might actually happen.

If you're really stuck, I live in northeast philly -- if you want to stop
by some weekend with your computer, I'll do my best to help.