Nicolai Rosen on Wed, 21 Jun 2000 13:29:31 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [PLUG] Re: need linux help

On Wed, 21 Jun 2000 darxus@chaosreigns.com wrote:
> On Tue, 20 Jun 2000, Kim Dang wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > I saw your name on http://plug.nothinbut.net/members.html as the current
> > admin. for the Philly Linux users group.
> >
> > I recently posted to upenn.linux to get help on installing Red Hat Linux on
> > a P100 box. People suggested this group might have an installation group or
> > some such thing. I have attempted to do this myself, but I am a little lost.
> >
> > I am pretty literate about PC's in general  (Win NT, all the MS stuff) as I
> > used to be a tech in Calif., but Linux is where I want to go.
> >
> > Hope you can help.
>
> We have been talking about doing an installfest.  I believe Nicolai Rosen
> <nick@netaxs.com> was attempting to organize that.
>
> It'd be better to subscribe to the plug mailing list & post this stuff
> there -- there's 270-some people there.
>
> At this point it'd probably be best to post all of your problems to the
> list.  I don't know when an installfest might actually happen.
>

> If you're really stuck, I live in northeast philly -- if you want to stop
> by some weekend with your computer, I'll do my best to help.

That just gave me an idea. What about an install help network type of
dealie? If somebody wants a lot of help all at once, then they go over to
some web site, find somebody in the closest town to them, and then e-mail
or call to arrange an "appointment". <- note: use of correctly parsed
English, with period AFTER the '"'. That person could then drop by the
helping person's place of business, house, local cyber cafe (I've heard
they exist, but never seen one on the east coast), etc... After that the
newbie could be assigned to the other person for all his/her Linux
needs. Obviously if somebody wanted to do one or the other, then that
would be an option as well.

Nicolai Rosen
nick@netaxs.com
Earthstation/Netaxs
http://laktar.dyndns.org/
http://www.netaxs.com/~nick/

If I Ever Became An Evil Overlord:
38. If an enemy I have just killed has a younger sibling or offspring
anywhere, I will find them and have them killed immediately, instead of
waiting for them to grow up harboring feelings of vengeance towards me in my
old age.
	-- Peter's Evil Overlord List, http://www.eviloverlord.com/lists/overlord.html