Harley on Thu, 22 Jun 2000 14:49:13 -0400 (EDT)

[PLUG] Red Hat 6.0 --> 6.2 "Upgrade" Problems

Last night I "upgraded" my RH6.0 system to RH6.2 and ran into a few snags
upon reboot.  I lost my network card (Intel EE Pro PCI/10+) and my sound
card (SB 64 PCI - es1370).  When the system tries to bring up my NIC (while
booting or if I issue 'ifup eth0') I get the following message:

"Bringing up eth0 delaying eth0 config"  and it fails to bring up the
interface.

With the sound card upon boot I get the following:

"es1370 Sound Module   can't locate module"

Then if I try to use 'sndconfig' I get the following:

"Error No Sound Modules Found:  You don't seem to be running a kernel with
modular sound enabled. (Soundcore.o was not found in module search path)"
...I am using kernel 2.2.14, the sound was working totally fine in 6.0 (in
fact the box was a "part-time" mp3 jukebox hooked up to my stereo)

Oh also: I tried to get my Internet connection up 'ifup ppp0' and I got:
"Failed to activate ppp0 with error 4".
(By this time it was 3:00AM and I had to be in work @ 8AM today, so I gave
up until tonight).

I was just wondering if anybody has experienced something similar with a
6.0 -> 6.2 upgrade and a pointer in the right direction to solve the
problems.  If not, I will post what I do to fix this to the PLUG list. (I am
assuming I will have time to figure it out this weekend).  --Harley.