Vettese, Nick A on Thu, 22 Jun 2000 18:58:21 -0400 (EDT)

RE: [PLUG] Sound problems

If the option is in the BIOS, then there shouldn't be a problem

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom [mailto:tgj@snip.net]
Sent: Thursday, June 22, 2000 6:57 PM
To: plug@lists.nothinbut.net
Subject: [PLUG] Sound problems

Hi,
I have a home system that was "designed for windows 95" The
sound card is built into the mother board. In the BIOS there is an
option to disable the sound card that is on the board.

I can not get the sound to work under Linux. I had the same
problem getting the PNP modem to work and just went out and
bought a external modem that fixed the problem for me.

My question is: Can I just buy a sound card, disable the onboard
current sound and get it to work with Linux?

Any suggestions on what card I should buy or what to look for in a
sound card?

Tom