Bill Jonas on Thu, 22 Jun 2000 21:35:58 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [PLUG] ISP Support

On Thu, 22 Jun 2000, jsulfare wrote:

>So here is my question, is anybody here interested in starting an ISP
>business dedicated to Linux user?

Count me in.

Depending on your timing, though... You see, I'm involved with a Linux
start-up right now (not ISP, more like... I guess "professional
services" is the right phrase... sysadminning and that sort of thing).
But depending on what happens, between you and LinuxForce (the name of
the company I'm currently working for), I'm *very* interested in this
sort of thing.

As far as a couple of the items raised on the list:  DSL is, obviously,
the Hot New Thing right now, but a T-1 won't cut it for that.  A PTP T-1
runs maybe a couple grand or less a month, but a single high-speed DSL
line would saturate that, so you're talking T-3.  IOW, maybe ten grand a
month, maybe fifteen or more.  (I worked for ~5 months for Netaxs, but I
was basically a warm body overnight at the colo in case of a need for a
server reboot.)

I'm in my early 20s, and like some others have said, I don't have any
cash to contribute right now.  But let me know.  I'm definitely
interested in helping out how I can.

Bill
--
>Ever heard of .cshrc?             | "Linux means never having to delete
That's a city in Bosnia. Right?    |  your love mail." -- Don Marti
(Discussion in comp.os.linux.misc  |  http://www.netaxs.com/~bj/
on the intuitiveness of commands.) |  http://www.harrybrowne.org/