Michael Leone on Fri, 23 Jun 2000 12:38:52 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [PLUG] ISP info on the PLUG web page

> There's been some good discussion on this list about ISPs, most of which I
> apparently didn't pay attention to.  On the main plug web page
> (http://plug.nothinbut.net), there is now a link:
>
> Internet Service Providers (6/23/00) - if you're choosing a Philadelphia
> area ISP, you should read these.
>
> About 23 posts to this list, htmlized via mhonarc (neat program) --
> similar to the mailman archives of this list.

Perhaps a table listing the ISPs and a contact name/number/web page/whatever
at the top of the page would be helpful, instead of having to read thru all
the posts just to find the names of ISPs to concentrate on. I'm sure you'd
want to read all the detail you can, but it might make it easier to first
see a list - especially since the subject lines don't tell you what ISP is
being referenced, you'd need to read all of them to come up with a short
list of Linux-friendly ISPs.

There's ... what, 3 -4 ISPs we've labelled as "Recommended"?  DCA, MartNet,
PIL.NET. Telocity was mentioned.
I've used Linux with a Bell DSL connection - one of these days I'll get
around to writing up my instructions on how to use LRP to do it, along with
posting an image file of the diskette - but they're not really
"recommended", since they don't really support Linux. Maybe an entry in the
"You're on your own" table. :-)