DrexelDG on Tue, 27 Jun 2000 13:06:46 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [PLUG] BellAtlantic.net and static IP

On a related side note...

I have Ma Bell running at home... and I am one of the older custumers so I
have a static IP.  But... the IP is bound to a NIC card that only works with
windows.

I read something on the net off one of the linux sites about a MAC address
converter.  Do these work?  Because the only way I can see to get both linux
and my DSL at home is to convert the MAC address over to linux.  I have also
considered calling them and saying my NIC card broke can you map my service
to this MAC address?  But there custumor service, along with my spelling, is
not exactly steller.

Anyone have any ideas?

Feel free to contact me off list if need be....

Thanous@Bellatlantic.net

Anthony