Nicolai Rosen on Thu, 29 Jun 2000 14:16:15 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [PLUG] Anti-Virus on Linux E-Mail Server

http://www.netaxs.com/~nick/LinuxForce/virus/

Start with summary, go on to wrappers, and then finish with scanners.

Oh, & as an update to that if you want to use McAfee's product (Virus Scan
Validate), try http://www.mcafeeb2b.com/

On Thu, 29 Jun 2000, Dave Schwartz wrote:
> Has anybody ever used or know of any apps that will scrub/scan
> e-mails/attachments for viruses on  a Linux E-Mail server? How would you
> rate effectiveness? Any feedback would be appreciated,
>
> Dave

Nicolai Rosen
nick@netaxs.com
Earthstation/Netaxs
http://laktar.dyndns.org/
http://www.netaxs.com/~nick/

	"Strange! that you should not have suspected, years ago, centuries, ages,
aeons ago! for you have existed, companionless, through all the eternities.
Strange, indeed, that you should not have suspected that your universe and
its contents were only dreams, visions, fictions! Strange, because they are
so frankly and hysterically insane - like all dreams: a God who could make
good children as easily as bad, yet preferred to make bad ones; who could
have made every one of them happy, yet never made a single happy one; who
made them prize their bitter life, yet stingily cut it short; who gave his
angels eternal happiness unearned, yet required his other children to earn
it; who gave his angels painless lives, yet cursed his other children with
biting miseries and maladies of mind and body; who mouths justice, and
invented hell - mouths mercy, and invented hell - mouths Golden Rules, and
forgiveness multiplied by seventy times seven, and invented hell; who mouths
morals to other people and has none himself; who frowns upon crimes, yet
commits them all; who created man without invitation, then tries to shuffle
the responsibility for man's acts upon man, instead of honorably placing it
where it belongs, upon himself; and finally, with altogether divine
obtuseness, invites his poor abused slave to worship him! . . . .
	"You perceive, /now/, that these things are all impossible, except in a
dream. You perceive that they are pure and puerile insanities, the silly
creations of an imagination that is not conscious of its freaks - in a word,
that they are a dream, and you the maker of it. The dream-marks are all
present - you should have recognized them earlier . . . . .
	"It is true, that which I have revealed to you: there is no God, no
universe, no human race, no earthly life, no heaven, no hell. It is all a
Dream, a grotesque and foolish dream. Nothing exists but You. And You are but
a /Thought/ - a vagrant Thought, a useless Thought, a homeless Thought, a
wandering forlorn among empty eternities!"
	He vanished, and left me appalled; for I knew, and realized that all he
had said was true.
										The end

	-_The_Mysterious_Stranger_, Mark Twain