Jon Nelson on Thu, 29 Jun 2000 21:30:43 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [PLUG] my wacko email server

Well you have definitely been hacked.  I been reading a lot of
articles recently about hackers using other machines to chat on IRC.
I downloaded the file linked below and read the readme file and here
is an excerpt:

		1.  INTRODUCTION

   IRC in general over the years has progressed into a very complex
host
   for multitudes of different types of people.  BNC which is a acro
for
   BouNCe is a daemon designed to allow some people who do not have
   access to the net in general, but who do have access to another pc
   that can reach the net, the ability to BouNCe though this pc to
IRC.

   BNC also satisfies as a host to allow users to Bounce through
shells
   to IRC thus allowing for many features such as an interresting
   internet address commonly used for show or for benifits such as
mild
   protection from commonly used attacks such as DoS by covering a
users
   real IP with that IP of a machine more capable of handling these
   attacks.

If you want to give me a call we can see what we can do.  My contact
info is on the PLUG homepage under PSP.

Jon