Jesse Schultz on Fri, 30 Jun 2000 13:49:37 -0400 (EDT)

[PLUG] Take my job, please.

I have recently sold out to a gimongus multinational software company and
I need to help my previous employer (a very small multinational
engineering and software company) find a replacement.

The set up I currently manage is a mixed Linux NT shop

NT is used for file and print services, some asp based intranet stuff, and
in the future
and online asp catalog.  (Marketing guy looked at me really weird when I
said chilisoft).

Linux is used for external web server (Apache), Mail server (sendmail) and
DNS (BIND).  The distribution being used currently is slakware.  I started
using Linux here soon after arriving at the company three years ago.

The firewall is raptor running on NT server (it was "free" from uunet)  We
have a firewall to firewall ipsec VPN.  In addition we have many laptop to
firewall and remote desktop to firewall VPN's.

You will need to do long
distance administration for the San Diego location.

You will You will also provide advice to those working in Germany and
Israel and to small one user outposts of the company in many places.

Workstations are Windows 9.x

The Company is ORBIT/FR

www.orbitfr.com

Yes, I know the webpage needs updating, I'll get to it, or maybe you will.

You will be working with Engineers and Software developers in the RF
(Radio Frequency) field.  The core business is the software, electronics
and electromechanical equipment used in measuring the performance of
antennas and radomes.  Other aspects of the business are RF Power
combiners,  EMI (measurement of electromagnetic interference) and Anechoic
Chambers (in which to do the tests.

The company is multinational and you will have an opportunity to work with
people from many countries including Israel, Germany, England and
California.  Occasional travel may be involved.

You will need to have a good working Knowledge of BOTH Linux and Microsoft
networking.  Once your here, if you want to try and talk the marketing guy
into chilisoft and you think you can do a seamless migration from NT
server to SAMBA that's up to you.

Please reply to resume@orbitfr.com and cc to jesses@orbitfr.com.