darxus on Fri, 30 Jun 2000 23:00:25 -0400 (EDT)

[PLUG] compairing ISPs

http://plug.nothinbut.net/isps/ispstats.html

I am aware that I am biased toward DCA.net.

I had settlement on my house yesterday.  As soon as I got home I ordered
608k/128k DSL from DCA.net.

The entries on that page are ones I've recently heard suggested.  I expect
I'll continue to flesh it out.  I'm definately concentrating on DSL over
PPP.  Please notify me of any errors or glaring omissions.  I plan to
contact local ISPs and get them to double-check their entries when I feel
somewhat done.

If you think you can do better, then do so.

My reasons for choosing DCA.net:

* Haven't seen anyone with a lower monthly cost (speakeasy.net drops the
  setup fee)
* 6 free static IPs (netmask of 255.255.255.248)
* Permission to do whatever I want with the connection (web/mail/q3a server)
* Linux friendly

The next 2 entries I plan to add are nothinbut.net (if they do dsl) &
netaxs.