plug-announce-admin on Wed, 5 Jul 2000 11:11:56 -0400 (EDT)

[PLUG] [PLUG-Announce] PLUG meeting tonight (7/5/00), at IQ, as normal

On Wed, 5 Jul 2000, Jeff Abrahamson wrote:

> After all the discussion the last two months about meeting venues (and
> the July meeting's time), I wanted to check that the meeting tonight
> is tonight and at IO as usual.

Yes, the meeting is happening at the normal place, at IQ, near 4th &
Chestnut, on the 12th floor, 7pm.

Wes Powers will be giving a presentation on Parallel Processing:

> Date: Mon, 08 May 2000 09:36:19 -0400
> From: wes.powers@us.pwcglobal.com
>
> My Computer Science Master's thesis was building a distributed and
> parallel database using a cluster of 5 Linux machines. Chris Fearnley
> has wanted me to give an overview of the project for a couple of years
> now, but I've been in and out of the PLUG group for various reasons. So
> my talk would look like this:
>
>  1.An overview of parallel and distributed processing, and what the
>    difference is between the two.
>  2.A discussion of my project: what it does, how it works.
>  3.Some of the issues and challenges in writing parallel programs.

Date      Subject                  Speaker
7/5/2000  Parallel Processing      Wes Powers
8/2/2000  Building GUIs in Perl TK John Kirk
9/6/2000  ext2 file undeletion     Bill Jonas

Lots more relavant info at http://plug.nothinbut.net/meetings.html