Jack Wilkinson on Fri, 7 Jul 2000 00:52:48 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [PLUG] Bell atlantic just reduced their prices on DSL

From: "Bill Jonas" <bj@netaxs.com>
> My guess is that they're doing this to try to undercut everyone else,
> including the new low-cost players such as Telocity.  If that's the
> case, then I doubt that everyone's prices will drop, as they'd charge
> the others the same amount.

but, if they charge the ISPs 39.95 or whatever for the "line fee" and the
ISPs charge on top of that, wouldn't it be monopolistic or something illegal
for them to charge other ISPs one thing and then give it away free because
that line fee goes to them anyway?

I know this was worded weirdly, but I don't know the laws, and don't know
how to say this, but it seems like something fishy like that.  I hope
someone understands what I mean.