Charles Stack on Fri, 7 Jul 2000 00:53:02 -0400 (EDT)

RE: [PLUG] Bell atlantic just reduced their prices on DSL

Alas...no static IP's.

cjs

-----Original Message-----
From: plug-admin@lists.nothinbut.net
[mailto:plug-admin@lists.nothinbut.net]On Behalf Of Bill Jonas
Sent: Friday, July 07, 2000 12:49 AM
To: plug@lists.nothinbut.net
Subject: Re: [PLUG] Bell atlantic just reduced their prices on DSL

On Thu, 6 Jul 2000, Jack Wilkinson wrote:

>hmm, wonder where the funds are being trimmed... are they waiving the ISP
>fee or are they reducing the BA line fee?  if it's the line fee, then
>everyone else's prices will drop too...

My guess is that they're doing this to try to undercut everyone else,
including the new low-cost players such as Telocity.  If that's the
case, then I doubt that everyone's prices will drop, as they'd charge
the others the same amount.

Just a guess, though.  Call me suspicious, paranoid, or your choice of
adjective.  :)

Bill
--
>Ever heard of .cshrc?             | "Linux means never having to delete
That's a city in Bosnia. Right?    |  your love mail." -- Don Marti
(Discussion in comp.os.linux.misc  |  http://www.billjonas.com/
on the intuitiveness of commands.) |  http://www.harrybrowne.org/