Michael W. Ryan on Mon, 10 Jul 2000 11:22:55 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [PLUG] NDS for Linux

On Mon, 10 Jul 2000, Vettese, Nick A wrote:

> Is there anyway for me to get NDS for Linux.  I can't find it anywhere but
> the Novell site.  I wasn't sure if there was a free version.

The current newstand issue of _Linux Magazine_ (not _Linux Journal_) has
an article about integrating Novell and Linux.  I don't know if it
includes NDS (unfortunately, I don't have the issue with me).

There's a contributed Red Hat package called "ncpfs" which has the
following description:

                 ncpfs filesysten, which is a linux filesystem which
                 understands the NCP protocol. This protocol is used by
                 Novell NetWare clients use to talk to NetWare servers.
                 This version of NCPFS works with kernel versions 2.0
                 onwards, and also includes NDS support.

I'm sure there's an equivalent package for Debian.

I hope this helps.

Michael W. Ryan, MCP, MCT     | OTAKON 2000
mryan@netaxs.com              | Convention of Otaku Generation
http://www.netaxs.com/~mryan/ | http://www.otakon.com/

No, I don't hear voices in my head;
I'm the one that tells the voices in your head what to say.