Daniel W. Ottey on Mon, 10 Jul 2000 15:42:36 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [PLUG] Lilo / 1024 sector problem (dual boot)

While the topic is on hand, its not necessarily a linux question - but it
does concern multi-boot systems and possibly lilo (or another boot
loader).

I currently have two hard drives in my computer.  The first is formatted
NTFS and contains Windows2000 Professional (no boat loader is being used
from what I can tell).  The second hard drive is formatted Fat32 and
contains no OS.  I would like to possibly install linux on a part of the
second hard drive, and would also like to test out a beta copy of
WindowsME (treat it like Windows98 as far as this discussion is
concerned).

So my question is how to do this.  Windows2000 is treated like NT.  I
don't know how I would install (or if I could install) WindowsME on the
second drive and get them both to boot (preferably via a boot loader
menu of some sort).  I would need some sort of boot loader I think, but
I've never installed one except in my past experimentations with Linux
(but then it installs Lilo by itself).

I saw the page someone posted about GRUB, but that looks to me like you
need to already have Linux installed?

I probably made no sense in this email, but if anyone can offer up a
suggestion it would be appreciated.  Thanks!  :-)

Daniel W. Ottey
Junior Information Systems Student
Drexel University - Philadelphia, PA
http://www.snarfykat.org/