Charles Stack on Thu, 13 Jul 2000 09:06:22 -0400 (EDT)

RE: [PLUG]anyone expierienced with C Builder ?

You are obviously not a C++ Builder user.  C++ Builder supports the
equivalent of Delphi extensions to the Pascal language including properties,
methods, and events.

Additionally, component creation requires additional skills that a standard
C++ program would have to acquire.  I've been working with Delphi since its
initial release and there are many thing you must know to produce high
quality, reusable and commercial grade components for the C++ Builder/Delphi
environment (which are interchangable, BTW).

I just got back from the Borland conference in San Diego this morning.  Good
conference...they show some cool stuff.  Naturally, anything Kylix (Delphi
and C++ Builder on Linux)was heavily attended events with Delphi related
events being the most most popular.  Maybe 30% of those attending the show
were BCB users.

The only really new product shown (everybody already knew about Kylix) was
JBuilder for Macintosh and the announcement of a collaboration between Apple
and Borland.  They also showed Delphi 6, but since that is at least six
months away, it only got a mild reception.

InterBase is STILL not Open Sourced...blame it, like most things, on the
lawyers.  At least that's what both Borland's CEO and Interbase Corp's CEO
are saying.

Charles