rscudder on Thu, 13 Jul 2000 11:53:08 -0400 (EDT)

[PLUG] RE: [PLUG]anyone expierienced with C Builder ?

Charles...

 I imagine you are probably hearing this a lot, but... any idea when Kylix
will be available to the public?

Please excuse me if the info is available on their home page... I got tired
of checking there months ago.

I started programming with Borland products and now, to keep a pay check
coming, use MSVC and VB.  I'm a big Borland fan... wanted to attend that
conference... and I can't wait to check out what they are doing with Linux.

Roger Scudder
Mail to: rscudder@annance.com

                    "Charles Stack"
                    <charles@codycomp.co        To:     <plug@lists.nothinbut.net>
                    m>                          cc:
                    Sent by:                    Subject:     RE: [PLUG]anyone expierienced with C Builder ?
                    plug-admin@lists.not
                    hinbut.net

                    07/13/2000 09:05 AM
                    Please respond to
                    plug

You are obviously not a C++ Builder user.  C++ Builder supports the
equivalent of Delphi extensions to the Pascal language including
properties,
methods, and events.

Additionally, component creation requires additional skills that a standard
C++ program would have to acquire.  I've been working with Delphi since its
initial release and there are many thing you must know to produce high
quality, reusable and commercial grade components for the C++
Builder/Delphi
environment (which are interchangable, BTW).

I just got back from the Borland conference in San Diego this morning.
Good
conference...they show some cool stuff.  Naturally, anything Kylix (Delphi
and C++ Builder on Linux)was heavily attended events with Delphi related
events being the most most popular.  Maybe 30% of those attending the show
were BCB users.

The only really new product shown (everybody already knew about Kylix) was
JBuilder for Macintosh and the announcement of a collaboration between
Apple
and Borland.  They also showed Delphi 6, but since that is at least six
months away, it only got a mild reception.

InterBase is STILL not Open Sourced...blame it, like most things, on the
lawyers.  At least that's what both Borland's CEO and Interbase Corp's CEO
are saying.

Charles