chris . shank on Fri, 14 Jul 2000 11:25:39 -0400 (EDT)

[PLUG] problem with 'su'

I was trying to install a demo version of ATG Dynamo,
and it suggested I create a user to run Dynamo. So I
created a user called 'dynamo' in group 'udynamo'

During the install process I was going through a series
of su's (from my account to dynamo account to root
account , back to dynamo etc) so I had a series of
nested su's. at one point I wanted to delete some
directories, bu I was inadvertantly in oneor more of
those directories in a previous 'su', so I could
recursively delete everything except the toplevel dir
and the subdir I was in.

I unrolled my nested su's and moved to a different
directory then finished the delete.

now whenever I try to su in an account either of the 2
account (dynamo or my regular user account) I get this
error after entering the password:

su: cannot set groups: Operation not permitted
Does anyone know if this is being caused by trying to
delete a directory while rolled into it? or could this
be because of some other reason?  can anyone help me
figure out how to correct it? otherwise i'm going to try
to restore the origninal directories I was deleteing,
and reinstall su to see if I can fix this.

help please!

Chris