Jason Costomiris on Sun, 16 Jul 2000 21:10:45 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [PLUG] Thoughts on VMWare...

On Sun, Jul 16, 2000 at 08:59:56PM -0400, Charles Stack wrote:
: Anybody out there running VMWare?  I'm getting a Win2K machine this week
: with ample horsepower and storage to run multiple OS' (multiple Linux
: distibutions and Win98) in VM sessions (or so I think).
:
: Does anybody have any perls (sic) of wisdom on using this product?

I've done this in both directions.. That is, run VMWare under Win2k
to run Linux, and run VMWare under Linux to run Win2k.

On the same hardware:

PIII/500
256 MB RAM
20G 7200RPM IBM IDE Disk

Running Linux on the hardware and Win2k in the VM was much faster than
the other way around...

Same goes on my Dual Celeron 477, also w/256 MB RAM.

--
Jason Costomiris <><           |  Technologist, geek, human.