Michael W. Ryan on Mon, 31 Jul 2000 09:54:43 -0400 (EDT)

RE: [PLUG] NTFS resizing

On Sun, 30 Jul 2000, Sandhitsu R Das wrote:

> I haven't tried Debian yet - so I can't say. I was planning to install
> Mandrake 7.1 on a PC with 30gig HDD and W2K in NTFS. Any more hints will
> be appreciated. I am still looking for other ways...

1) Mandrake 7.1 comes with a version of LILO recent enough to not have the
1024-cylinder limitation.  So, you can put your boot partition anywhere.

2) Keep in mind that Win2k has NTFS version 5; WinNT4 was version 4.  I
would STRONGLY recommend that you verify that whatever software you use to
modify your NTFS partition is NTFS5 compatible.

Michael W. Ryan, MCP, MCT     | OTAKON 2000
mryan@netaxs.com              | Convention of Otaku Generation
http://www.netaxs.com/~mryan/ | http://www.otakon.com/

No, I don't hear voices in my head;
I'm the one that tells the voices in your head what to say.