Kevin Falcone on Mon, 31 Jul 2000 13:48:45 -0400 (EDT)

[PLUG] Re: NTFS resizing

  MWR> 2) Keep in mind that Win2k has NTFS version 5; WinNT4 was
  MWR> version 4.  I would STRONGLY recommend that you verify that
  MWR> whatever software you use to modify your NTFS partition is
  MWR> NTFS5 compatible.

As a note, the linux kernel is definitely _not_ NTFS5 compatible.
while writing to an NTFS4 partition will "sometimes" corrupt it,
writing to an NTFS5 partition will always corrupt it.  Seems that MS
started doing odd things with their metadata storage.

-kevin

--
most SF writers are small blokes; they spent a lot of time grubbing around
on the floor for old SF mags, not stretching up to the top shelf for