plug-announce-admin on Wed, 2 Aug 2000 10:47:44 -0400 (EDT)

[PLUG] [PLUG-Announce]today's meeting (8/2/2000)

Date      Subject                                          Speaker
8/2/2000  Using QuickTk to Build Perl-Tk GUI Applications  John Kirk
9/6/2000  ext2 file undeletion                             Bill Jonas
10/4/2000 Internet Firewalls                               Michael W. Ryan

Today's meeting will be held as usual, at 7pm, on the 12th floor, in suite
1200 of 325 Chestnut Street.  The unusual part is the Republican National
Convention that's currently going on in Philly.  Protestors were blocking
streets yesterday, I haven't seen the news today.  If possible, you may
want to use public transportation.

These may help:

http://www.phillylinux.org/directions.html#train
http://www.septa.com

As always, there's lots more information at
http://www.PhillyLinux.org/meetings.html

As I mentioned on 7/10/00, the plug web pages can now be accessed as
www.PhillyLinux.org.  However, I did not mention that this was the result
of discussion at the previous plug meeting.  People were complaining that
they couldn't remember the url for the plug page, so they weren't using
it.  I asked the group if they wanted me to register phillylinux.org, they
said yes.  I had previously recieved approval from nothinbut.net to host
the domain.  I registered it, and they updated the necessary DNS entries.

The site has not moved.  It's still in the same place, hosted by
nothinbut.net, and still accessable via the old url
(http://plug.nothinbut.net).