Jason Costomiris on Wed, 2 Aug 2000 16:54:51 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [PLUG] Linux Firewalls Talk

On Wed, Aug 02, 2000 at 10:58:44AM -0400, Michael W. Ryan wrote:
: Okay, it's about two months out from my talk on Linux firewalls.  What
: issues/topics are people particularly interested in?  I'd like to make
: this as practical as possible, and not devolve into a simple blow-by-blow
: of "this is how I set up my company's firewall" (there will probably be
: some of this, but I would like to be useful).
:
: Two months should give me plenty of time to get ideas, research them, and
: break my company's Internet connection trying them out. :)

Are you planning on discussing commercial firewalls that are either
available for Linux, or are Linux based?  Off the top of my head, I can
think of:

Check Point FW-1/VPN-1 (4.1 on RHAT 6.1/6.2)
Intrusion.com's SecureCom Firewalls (RH/FW-1 based appliance)
Watchguard Firebox
The box that Axent and Cobalt are working on

I'm sure I'm missing a few, but that's enough to go on.

--
Jason Costomiris <><           |  Technologist, geek, human.