Kevin Falcone on Thu, 3 Aug 2000 11:59:05 -0400 (EDT)

[PLUG] Re: CDWriters

  JG> but I get an error when I try to mount blank cdr's.

You don't mount blank CDRs, you use one of the programs below to write
to them.

  JG> (something about specifying the file system?).

CDRs are blank, hence no file system

  JG> Can anyone advise, or point me in the right direction.

I use cdparanoia for ripping cds, mkisofs for creating a .iso for
burning, cdrecord for burning .iso's, and cdrdao for burning music
cds.  These are all available on freshmeat.net.  Also, look for
xcdroast which was useful for the first 2 or 3 burns, but I found it
clunky.

-kevin

--
bletch before baz, except after frob.